Copy and Paste is one of the most basic functions in Windows and it has been around since the first version of Windows, but for some strange reason users report that they cannot perform the copy function. and paste in Windows 10.
- How to turn off, disable and remove OneDrive on Windows 11
- How to Sync Google Calendar with Windows 11
- How to use Screen Mirroring (Miracast) in Windows 11
- How to turn off the beep in Windows 11
- Fix the error can not turn off the Touchpad, touch pad on Windows 10 laptops
How to fix Copy and Paste error in Windows 10
Copy/Paste is one of the most basic functions on any PC, but many users have reported that it doesn’t work on Windows 10. Speaking of Copy issues, here are some of the issues. Popularity reported by users:
- Copy/Paste not working Windows 10 – One cause for this problem could be your anti-virus software. To fix the problem, try disabling your anti-virus or completely disabling your anti-virus.
- Copy/Paste issues in Excel, Microsoft Word, Autocad, Windows 7, Remote Desktop, VMware – This issue has been reported in various applications and is usually caused by a certain plugin or feature. Just find the problematic plugin/feature, disable it and the problem will be solved.
- Copy/Paste Incorrect Parameter Error – This problem can be caused by certain glitches with your system. To fix the problem, make sure to install the latest updates and check if that solves your problem.
- Copy/Paste doesn’t work – If Copy/Paste doesn’t work on your computer, the problem could be the rdpclicp.exe process. To fix the problem, just end the process and reboot.
Method 1 – Close any video player
Although the Windows clipboard is designed to be unlocked and available to all installed programs, it will sometimes get locked. One thing that often does this is a video player that plays the encoded video.
If you are playing a video or you have a background open, close the video player and check if the problem is resolved. If not, move on to the next fix, below.
Method 2 – Close all open applications
If you have multiple applications open or multiple processes running in the background, they may conflict with each other and prevent your replication from working. To see if this is causing your problem, try closing them one by one. You can do this easily with Task Manager:
Right click on an empty area of your taskbar and select Task Manager.
Select each program under Applications , then click the End Task button in the bottom right.
Method 3 – Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date
According to users, sometimes this problem can occur due to certain glitches on your system. To fix the problem, you should update your system. Microsoft is constantly fixing issues with new updates, and for the most part, Windows 10 automatically installs missing updates.
However, you can also manually check for updates by doing the following:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings app .
- Go to Update & Security section .
- Click the Check for updates button .
Windows will check for available updates and download them in the background. Once the updates are downloaded, they will be installed as soon as you restart your PC. Once your system is updated, the problem with copy paste should be resolved.
Method 4 – Check your anti-virus software
Using good anti-virus software is important, but sometimes your anti-virus program can cause this problem to appear. To fix the problem, you should disable certain anti-virus features and check if that helps. In case it doesn’t work, you need to completely disable your anti-virus software.
Some users reported that they managed to fix the problem by replicating by uninstalling their anti-virus software. If removing the antivirus solves the problem, you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but if you want an antivirus that won’t interfere with your system while providing excellent protection, you should consider switching to BullGuard. .
Method 5 – Run the Check Disk utility
Sometimes your system files can get corrupted and can cause copy paste to stop working. To fix the problem, you should perform a ChkDsk scan. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Go to This PC and right click on your hard drive.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- When the Properties window opens, go to the Tools tab and click the Check button in the Error Check section to check your hard drive for errors.
Alternatively, you can run Check Disk from the Command Prompt.
- Press Windows + X . Select Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) from the list.
- When the Command Prompt opens, enter the command chkdsk X: /f . Be sure to replace X with your system drive letter. By default, you need to press C .
- You will be asked to schedule a scan. Press Y to do it.
Once you restart your computer, a chkdsk scan will start and repair any corrupted files. After your files are repaired, check if the problem is still there.
Method 6 – Turn off the Send to Bluetooth utility
This addon is usually associated with Microsoft Office and you can find it in Office software in the Add-ons section. You may have to check all installed Office tools to send to the Bluetooth add-in and disable it from each tool.
After disabling this add-on from any Copy/Paste functionality of Office tools will work properly.
Method 7 – Check installation of Webroot security software
Some users claim that the main cause of this problem is Webroot Security Software and to fix this problem you need to do the following things:
- Open Webroot as administrator.
- Click the Identity Protection property or the gear icon.
- Go to the Application Protection tab .
- You should now see a list of apps.
- Now, look for apps where Copy/ Paste doesn’t work and set it to Allow .
Alternatively, you can just disable the Protect Clipboard Data option and everything will start working again.
Method 8 – Run rdpclip.exe
According to users, this problem can be caused by the rdpclicp.exe process. To fix the problem with copy paste, you will need to end the process and restart it. This is pretty simple and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start Task Manager . .
- When the Task Manager opens, go to the Details tab and right-click the rdpclicp.exe process . Select End task from the menu.
Now you need to go to the Windows/system32 folder. There you will find rdpclip.exe . Just run it and see if the problem is resolved.
This program will start automatically but otherwise you will have to run it manually every time you start Windows 10. Alternatively, you can add it to the Startup folder and it will start every time Windows 10 your boot.
Method 9 – Restart your PC
Many users report that the copy paste feature is not working on their PC, and according to them, the easiest way to fix it is to restart your PC. If you don’t want to restart your PC, you can also sign out of your user account, wait a few seconds, and then log back in.
Remember that this is just a workaround, so you will have to repeat it whenever the problem occurs.
Method 10 – Disable Virtualbox clipboard sharing feature
Virtualbox is a great tool if you want to run a virtual machine on your PC, but certain features can cause problems with your system. According to users, Clipboard Sharing feature in Virtualbox can cause problems with copy paste feature on your PC and to fix the problem you need to disable it in Virtualbox.
Once you disable this feature, the problem should be completely resolved and you should be able to use the Copy/Paste function again.
Method 11 – Check Advanced System Care settings
If the Copy/Paste function is not working on your PC, it is possible that a third party application is interfering with it. Users have reported problems with the Advanced System Care software, and according to them, the Clean Clipboard feature is responsible for the problem.
To fix the problem, you should disable this feature in Advanced System Care software. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Mở Advanced System Care Software.
- Chuyển đến Speed Up RAM > Smart RAM > Deep Clean .
- Now click on Settings and uncheck the Clean Clipboard feature .
After disabling this feature, the Copy/Paste functions will start working again.
Method 12 – Delete Skype Click to Call
According to users, Copy/Paste feature may not work on your PC due to Click to Call Skype plugin. This is a simple browser plugin that allows you to make a Skype call by clicking on a phone number in your browser.
To fix the problem, you should remove this add-in from your browser. Once the add-in is removed, you will be able to Copy and Paste without any problems.
Method 13 – Create a new user account
Sometimes problems with copy pasting can occur if there is a problem with your user account. Your account may be corrupted and that can lead to this and many other problems. However, you can fix the problem simply by creating a new user account. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to the Accounts section .
- In the left pane, go to Family & other people . In the right pane, select Add someone else to this PC .
- Chọn I don’t have this person’s sign-in information. .
- Chọn Add a user without a Microsoft account
- Now enter the desired username and click Next .
When you create a new account, switch to it and check if the problem appears. If the problem does not appear, you will need to move your personal files to the new account and start using the new account instead of your old one.
Not being able to do copy pasting can be a big deal, but we hope you’ve solved it with one of our solutions.