Apple Inc’s iPhone is one of the most innovative and popular devices in recent times. Along with the iPod and iPad, the iPhone also functions as a movie player and an Internet surfing application. With over 1.65 billion iOS users today, iOS has proven to be a tough competitor to the Android market. The process to transfer Playlist playlists from iPhone, iPad, or iPod to iTunes on a computer varies depending on the operating system. If you are looking to do so, you are at the right place. We have explained the process of exporting Playlists from iPhone using iTunes 11 and 12.
How to transfer Playlist playlists from iPhone to iTunes
1. Connect the iOS device to the computer system with its cable.
2. Next, click Your Device on the iTunes app .
3. In the Devices section , expand the option titled Selection .
4. Select the Playlist you want to copy on your computer.
5. Go to the File menu and click Library , as shown.
6. Now, select Export Playlist… from the new menu that appears. The playlist will be exported as a text file.
7. Here, give the exported file a Name and select Save .
8. Go back to File > Library , as before.
9. Click Songs .
10. Now click Import playlist… as described below.
11. Finally, click on the Exported Text file created in Step 6.
This is how you can successfully export playlists from iPhone to iTunes on your system.
How to turn on music and video management manually
To copy playlists to iPhone, iPad or iPod, you need to enable Manually manage music and videos option, as shown below:
1. Connect your iPhone , iPad or iPod to the computer using its cable.
2. Next, click Your Device . It is displayed as a small icon on the iTunes Home screen .
3. On the next screen, click the option titled Summary in the left pane.
Note: First, make sure that the Sync Music box is unchecked.
4. Check the box in Manually manage music and videos, as depicted in the image below.
5. Finally, click Apply to save these changes.
How to copy playlists to iPhone, iPad or iPod
Copy playlists to iOS devices using iTunes 12
Method 1: Switch selected playlist
1. Connect the iOS device to the computer using its cable.
2. Next, click the little Device icon on the iTunes 12 Home screen .
3. In Settings , click the option titled Music.
Note: Ensure that the option At the chemistry was off to the entire music library .
4. Here, check the box titled Selected Playlists, Artists, Albums and Genres.
5. Then click Apply , as highlighted.
The selected playlist will now be copied to your iPhone, iPad or iPod. Wait for the files to be transferred and then, disconnect the device from the computer.
Method 2: Drag & Drop Playlist
1. Plug the cable that came with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer.
2. From the left pane, click Playlists . From here, select the playlist to copy.
3. Drag and drop the selected playlist in the Available Devices column in the left pane.
Copy playlists to iOS devices using iTunes 11
1. Connect the iOS device to the computer.
2. Now click on the Prompt button displayed on the right side of the screen.
3. Click the Add To… button . When you click this, all the content available in the menu will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
4. Drag and drop playlists onto iPhone.
5. Finally, select Done to save the changes and click Sync . The aforementioned playlists will be copied to the device.