Miracast is a feature in most devices these days and allows you to wirelessly connect your devices to the display. You will be able to connect your laptop, tablet , smartphone to your TV or monitor wirelessly. This minimizes the need for an HDMI cable and makes the connection completely wireless. However, to use Miracast, you need to make sure your device supports Miracast. If you want to use Miracast on your Windows 11 PC but don’t know how, this article will help you.
- How to turn off, disable and remove OneDrive on Windows 11
- How to Sync Google Calendar with Windows 11
- How to use Screen Mirroring (Miracast) in Windows 11
- How to turn off the beep in Windows 11
- Fix the error can not turn off the Touchpad, touch pad on Windows 10 laptops
How to set up Miracast for Windows 11
In this article, we will discuss how you can set up Miracast for Windows 11 and use it.
Check if Miracast is supported by your PC
Before you can use Miracast on your device, you will have to check if Miracast is Supported on your device. To check if Miracast is supported on the device, follow the steps below-
- Open the Run dialog on your computer by pressing Windows + CHEAP at the same time
- In the Run dialog box , type dxdiag and press Enter to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool , click Save All Information.
- You will now be asked to choose where to save the information. Select Desktop and then click Save to save the file.
- Now, open the text file you saved with Notepad. In the text file, look for Miracast and check if it’s available.
Setup Miracast for Windows 11
We will divide the complete process into several different steps. This part of the article will discuss how you can get the latest Miracast driver, cast your PC to Wireless Display and also how you can cast your other device to your PC.
Install the latest Miracast driver
You can download the latest driver from Windows update settings. To install the latest Miracast Driver from Windows Update follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for Settings and open it.
- In Settings, go to Windows updates from the left sidebar.
- Now click Check for updates to start checking for updates.
- Download and install all the updates your PC finds. Also, make sure you look under Optional updates and download and install all optional updates there.
- After doing so, restart your PC to continue.
How to project the screen of a laptop computer wirelessly
Now that you have installed the latest driver for Miracast, you can continue casting your PC to the wireless display. To cast your PC to the display wirelessly, follow the steps below-
- Press the Windows + I key combination to open Settings on your PC.
- Here, go to the Bluetooth & devices section in the left sidebar.
- Now on the right screen click Add a device .
- On the window that opens, click Wireless display or dock . Now select the listed wireless display.
- This will connect your PC to the display wirelessly.
- After doing so, you’ll have to set up the orientation for how you’ll project your PC onto the wireless display.
- Press Windows + P to open Projection Settings.
- Here, you will see four PC Screen Only, Duplicate, Extend, and Second Screen Only settings.
- Set the orientation as you want and you will be able to project your PC onto the display wirelessly.
How to cast other devices to your PC?
If Miracast is supported on your PC, then you can cast other devices like phones to it. To cast other devices to your PC, follow the steps below-
- Connect the device you want to cast and your PC to the same WiFi network.
- Now, tap the Windows icon on your keyboard and in the Start Menu , search for Connect and open it.
- Now, open the Miracast app on your mobile phone or any other device you want to cast. You can turn on casting if your phone has it.
- Now you will see your PC on your phone, select it and connect to it.
- You should now be able to transfer your phone to your PC.